Dose: 1.5 mg/kg.
Onset: 60 sec
Duration: 4-6 minutes
What if patient wake up prior to intubation?
- Repeated dose can be given.
- Another 0.5mg/kg maybe? Give total to 2mg/kg.
- But first of all, why patient still not intubated? Is it difficult airway? Get your backup plan ready. (Senior, specialist, consultant, bougie, video, fiberoptic, cricothyrotomy, etc)
- Is Rocuronium is an alternative?
- Beware bradycardia- give atropine.
- Tachyphylaxis- the same dose might not working as it was.
You also want to check out why Rocuronium is probably better than Scoline in emergency setting.
Why delay in transition:
- No Sugamadex. Sugamadex is expensive.
- Laggards. https://patientsafe.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/roc-rocks-but-we-still-sux-why/